The quest for a yorkshire pudding I can eat is over! I have finally perfected my gluten and dairy free yorkie, and isn’t it a thing of beauty??!
It took my some time to get this right but now that I have I am delighted to share it with you all!
Gluten and Dairy Free Yorkshire Puddings
Ingredients – makes 10 muffin sized yorkies
- 120g gluten free plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 175mls rice milk
- Olive oil to cook
- Place the eggs and flour into a bowl and whisk together until well combined
- Slowly add the milk to the flour and egg mix, whisking together until well combined, ensuring there are no lumps, between each addition
- Add a pinch of salt and leave to rest for at least an hour
- Place about half a teaspoon of olive oil into each hole of a muffin tin, and place into a hot oven of at least Gas Mark 6/ 200 degrees until hot but not smoking (about 5 minutes)
- When the oil is good and hot take the tin out of the oven, and pour the batter evenly into the holes of the muffin tin before the oil cools down. Replace into the oven and try not to opewn the door while they are cooking.
- Cook for 20 minutes. or until golden and crispy.
Enjoy with your favourite roast dinner and gluten free gravy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and it helps those who have missed yorkies as a result of a gluten or dairy free diet to become reunited with this neseccary part of any British sunday roast!